- 8 ounces lean ground turkey
- Fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 to 5 tbsp. red chili pepper paste
- Soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- One package wonton wraps
At Home: Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl. Season with soy sauce to taste. Place in a plastic container and freeze.
At Camp: Defrost turkey mixture, if necessary. Lay wonton wraps on a flat surface. Spoon 1 tbsp. of turkey mixture onto center of each wrap; pinch edges closed. Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet. Place wontons in skillet and saute' until bottoms are golden brown. Add 3 tbsp. of water to skillet, cover and let wontons steam 2 to 3 minutes. Remove wontons from skillet. Serve with soy sauce. Yield: 24 pot stickers.