- 1 cup uncooked whole-wheat rigatoni
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, each 4 ounces, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 1/2 cups canned unsalted tomato sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup fresh or canned corn
- 1/4 cup shredded CoJack (Colby and Monterey Jack) cheese
DirectionsFill a large pot 3/4 full with water and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente (tender), 10 to 12 minutes, or according to the package directions. Drain the pasta thoroughly.
Spray a large, heavy skillet with cooking spray. Over medium heat, saute the chicken until browned and opaque throughout, 7 to 10 minutes. Stir in the salsa, tomato sauce, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, black beans and corn. Stir thoroughly and cook until heated through. Add the pasta and gently toss to mix evenly.
Divide the pasta between individual plates. Sprinkle each serving with 2 tablespoons cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Analysis(per serving)
|Serving size: About 1.5 cups|
|Protein||19 g||Sodium||325 mg|
|Carbohydrate||29 g||Fiber||5 g|
|Total fat||5 g||Potassium||336 mg|
|Saturated fat||2 g||Calcium||76 mg|
|Monounsaturated fat||1 g|